Monday, May 9, 2011

Patience

The query process requires a lot of patience, which for some reason is really difficult for me.  After waiting years and years to be a doctor, I got there.  After waiting years to find the right person for me, I got there.  After years of trying to have children, I got there.  So why is the query process any different?

I think the main difference is that there's nothing I can do to speed it along.  With school, I got to study.  With my husband, I got to date.  With my children, I got to... well, you know.  But all I can do to speed along the query process is query some more.  Then, I've got to wait on responses to all of the new queries.  So in that case, lack of patience just makes things worse!

I know what I need to do.  I need to polish my manuscript so that it is perfect.  I need to work on my new manuscript.  And I need to stay away from my gmail account.  But none of those is going to keep me from tapping my toes and drumming my fingernails.  I guess I need to go where there is no internet available.  Too bad work has internet access, since that is where I am heading next.  I'll just have to keep myself busy doing other things, like my day job.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lord but did you hit the mark with me!

    I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear back from publishers who showed interest in two of my novels. I want so badly to send them a message but know better.

    I don't know which is worse - watching the time tick by or watching grass grow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough, but eventually if I can get there it will be worth it... I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find your email! You won my blog contest! :D Email me at beckahrah @ gmail.com so I can send you my design templates for your pendants (you get 3!!)

    http://beckah-rah.blogspot.com/2011/03/writing-gods.html

    ReplyDelete