Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Taking the plunge

Howdy, folks.  I'm finally doing it.  I'm blogging!  Who knew I had all of this in me?

I worked really hard at revising yesterday.  My novel, CODE, is getting closer and closer to being as good as I can get it.  I'm waiting on some feedback on my synopsis and query letter, and then I'll be ready to go.  Here's hoping that someone else out there likes my work as much as I do!

As I sit here and watch my children watching Enchanted, several thoughts are swirling.  First, what am I doing allowing my children to watch Enchanted at 7:16 am?  What kind of mother am I?  Second, I love the movie Enchanted.  Maybe that's why I'm allowing the viewing-- I want to watch it as much as they do! Talk about inspired casting.  Amy Adams is fabulous, Susan Sarandon is wicked, and I even like the bit players like Grumpy and the Not Very Nice Man.  Third, how in the world did they keep her dress so white?  I've been to New York City.  There's no way the hem of that gown would be still pristine after any time in the subway.

Crisis of conscience averted-- they want to go downstairs to play in the playroom.  Time to get some coffee and get off of the computer.  We've got a two-hour delay before school starts, so it's time for some quality princess pretending.  I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

Cheers,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment