Friday, January 14, 2011

Sick children

It's so hard to have a sick child, especially one who's miserable but not sick enough to go to the doctor.  Monica has been ill since last Saturday and I just can't get her healthy.  We talked abut taking her to the doc today, but of course she feels fine this morning.  Then this afternoon, it'll start up again.  Poor thing.

There are so many things that I didn't realize when I started trying to become a parent.  There's the lack of sleep, of course, but I knew that was coming.  I just didn't realize how long it would last.  And there's the expense, too.  I knew it was going to be expensive.  I want to give them the best of everything, without spoiling them.  Difficult at best.

But no one told me how much I would love my children, and how much that would hurt sometimes.  I'd rather be sick myself than watch my child suffer.  I'd vomit a thousand times over if it meant that my child could sleep through the night without cramping and pain.  And a fever?   Forget about it.  Burn me up, baby.

I could definitely do without the Barbie movies, though.  Think they'd notice if they all mysteriously "broke?"

No comments:

Post a Comment